peak-n-holds

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Thu Mar 18 21:19:53 GMT 1999

Sorry about the non-descript question.

More specifically:

I have the stock ECM in my Buick GN which still has
the stock saturation type injector drivers installed.

I am however running 55# low-impedence injectors.
I know that this is not supposed to work, but it
has been working...so far.

I have some peak-n-hold drivers (4A) that I would
like to install into the ECM to make it right for
the injectors.

I am curious if doing this is going to change the
fuel output of the injector compared to what it is
right now with the saturation type drivers.

My understanding is that the "peak" part of the
peak-n-hold might cause the pintle to open slightly
quicker. If so, I would guess the total open time
would be slightly longer, allowing more fuel to enter
for a given pulsewidth.

Thanks,
-Mike