Mem-Cal adapter

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 20 21:41:47 GMT 1999

Well,
Until an Emulator comes along, I've made an adapter to make burning chips
for my buick (And any mem-cal'd PCM) easier...
I took a mem-cal and removed the ESC module and EPROM.  Soldered short
jumpers (1/8") from the mem-cal base to a piece of circuit board.
I put a 28 pin socket directly over the mem-cal base where the old EPROM
used to be and ran 6 wires over so the ESC module is next to the 28 pin
socket.  I can now plug in and out an EPROM for changes without
disassembling the whole mem-cal...
See attached .jpg...
Dave