DFCO, What is it good for?

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Sun Mar 21 05:08:38 GMT 1999

>Some time ago was a thread about my comments about setting things up with
>min IAC counts, and I was taken to task for that statement.
>Is there a way to raise the anti-stall rpm on the 148s?.

I've don't recall a specific anti-stall section in the cal.   It's probably
not labeled as such, but rather IAC recovery rate or something.  I'll
have to take another look.

I personally have never had any luck messing with the IAC count or
rate stuff myself.

This about-to-stall situation happens at the same time as I've seen the
O2 LED bar meter go to zero in a friends car.  That's why I think it's the
DFCO.

I noticed in the cal that DE is set slightly leaner when the TCC is locked
up.  I gather from this that decel can go leaner if there is sufficient
engine
braking occuring from the force of the trans.

Since I don't have a TCC anymore and my converter is a light 9", and
since cars with 9" converters tend to stall easily, I'm guessing the engine
is leaning out too much during decel.

-Mike