Digital Dash Compatibility

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Mar 23 22:03:04 GMT 1999

While not exactly GM-ECM related, I figured this is the BEST
place to ask first.

I have the entire wiring harness, ECM (1227148), and digital
dash from a 1986 FWD 3.8L N/A SFI LeSabre which I got for my
mid-engined project.

Then, I got the entire wiring harness, ECM (16159278) of a
1993 350 TPI Camaro.  I'm going to be using the "entire
wiring harness" for my Dodge D200 pickup, as well as the
EFI, ECM, yada yada, instead of the EEC Mustang setup I
believe.  makes life easy to have everything be GM rather
than a mix of Ford, GM, and Dodge.  Anyway, my question is
this : will the digital dash from the 86 LeSabre
electronically work with the Camaro ECM?  I ask because its
a cheap way to go digital dash (it physically fits) without
buying a Dakota Digital setup or a bunch of Cyberdyne/VDO
guages and re-inventing the wheel yet again.

Any information, leads, etc, would be appreciated.  The
connectors physically fit from the 93 harness into the 86
dash, however I didn't want to apply power without _at
least_ an educated guess.

Thanks in advance

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)