Baro check

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Mar 26 13:05:21 GMT 1999

Guys I neglected to mention that my 7727 app is a factory turbo'd
MAP app. kinda hard to get a good BARO at WOT ir any other run time
in that one ;-)  . WOT on a NA car.. hadn't thought of that
possibility.. guess it makes sense. neet.

ATMK ward. I beleive tha baro is looked at only once

> From:          "Ward" <wspoonemore at excite.com>

> Yes you can and do get baro updated while running, the algo has strict
> requirements for range that baro can be cal'ced in tho.
>
> If you look at the baro corrections you will se they are not  very fine
> grain, they have a second order effect on the resulting air flow
> calculations,
>
> Late PCM have provivions for an on board baro sensor,
>
> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:27:21 EST, ECMnut at aol.com wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >  I was reading in a Mopar EFI training book, that the MAP sensor
> > is referenced to get a BARO reading when you are at WOT...
> > This seems a little error proned to me, but that is what the
> > book says. That way, you can drive from 1000 ft elev to 10,000 ft
> > and it will not require a "key on" sequence to correct things.
> > Makes you wonder if a dirty air filter could ruin your day.

Dave Z  87GN 12.74 @ 105, 1.84 60' 110 oct,22#
        89 Turbocharged Grand Prix (7727)
        http://www.delanet.com/~tgp