MAF History

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue Mar 30 03:53:52 GMT 1999

andy quaas wrote:

> Hmmm... I found out that accel sells a single-plane intake with injector
> bosses pre-machined and it includes pre-machines fuel rail, too!  All
> for $475 from summit racing.  So i'm going to have to order this guy
> today.  according to the equation, i only need 28 lb/hr injectors for
> 500 HP.  That seems kinda smallish, but maybe i'm not htinking right.
> Know where i can get some nice used injectors on the cheap (less than
> $500!)?
>
> Andy

Edelbrock's ProFlow is cheaper (Victor Jr with Bosses). Available from
Edelbrock.  I have 28-30 Lb injectors (documentation says both numbers) and
a pump that Edelbrock says is good for 500HP. I personally think 475. the
pump is the same as the Accel small pump.  $500 for both. They have <5K
miles and have never seen full throttle(haha).  It's on a fairly radical 406
SBC and it seems to go flat above 5000 rpm, but boy does it have torque.

email me offline if you want me to pull them. I'm down until May anyway.
TomS