MAF History

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Mar 29 14:54:50 GMT 1999

> Hmmm... I found out that accel sells a single-plane intake with injector
> bosses pre-machined and it includes pre-machines fuel rail, too!  All
> for $475 from summit racing.  So i'm going to have to order this guy

Before you leap and order that, bring an existing intake if you have one to
various machine shops... before I opted to do it myself (I'm a cheap
bastard!) I received quotes from 300-350 bucks to make the bosses, weld them
into the intake at an angle I specify, and machine the fuel rails out of
billet aluminum.  Of course if you have to buy an intake to have a machine
shop do this, then you are at about the same price of 475 bucks.

If you have an intake though, you can save money assuming you like the
intake.

> today.  according to the equation, i only need 28 lb/hr injectors for
> 500 HP.  That seems kinda smallish, but maybe i'm not htinking right.

Seems very small-ish.  I ended up with 55lb/hr.  Lets see the math Andy,
maybe one or both of us messed up the math somehow.

> Know where i can get some nice used injectors on the cheap (less than
> $500!)?

28lb/hr should be had from a junkyard... they are small enough.  My problem
is I can't tell them apart from one another until I clean 'em up and even
then its a challenge.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)