Peak-n-hold success at last

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Wed Mar 31 15:18:29 GMT 1999

>If I remember correctly, you swapped
>out 6 saturated drivers for 6 PnH drivers on a sequential
>system? This was because you replaced the sat inj with PnH
>injectors.

Yes, I swapped them into a Buick Grand National's 1227148
sequential ECM.  The injectors are low impedence Siemens
55#. I could've (and maybe should've?) used the CS452 (2amp)
drivers, but I chose the 4 amp ones instead (CS453).

>My other question, where did you get the Cherry cs drivers?
>Were you able to get them without needing to buy a large
>minimum amount? (For some reason I'm thinging you used
>Active or Future Electronics...)

I got the drivers as samples last year.  But I did just place an
order, and unfortunately, I had to order 50 of them at about
$4/each.  I figure I'll upgrade some of my friends' ECM's.
I may also experiment with building a 7th and 8th injector
system, and an injector cleaning bench.  These drivers are
useful for normal relays too, and are able to be driven from TTL
or CMOS, so the possibilities are many beyond using them
only as injector drivers.

I got the drivers from http://www.sager.com

>So how good are those WOT tests? <g>

I'm only able to go to 15 PSI on pump gas, but it does break the
rear tires loose from over 40 MPH. 8-)  My boost creeped to
17 PSI once and my EGT went to 1650+ DegF!!!  Yikes!
(1500 is the safe range for this car)

-Mike