Accel AS&M S&P Follow up

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue May 11 03:31:44 GMT 1999

Chris G. Lucas wrote:

> Not really looking for economical, but below $3500.  Found Accel priced
> at $3018 total, including software.

The Edelbrock ProFlow in the new Jegs catalog is $1906 - (I paid less at
Lopers) - nothing else to buy and it can be adjusted on the fly with no
other attachments. It is 4 channel sequential with 24 lb injectors at 3.5
bar and a Marelli HC11 ECM. Edelbrock will also sell parts for it separate,
manifold, rails, Yada,yada. so does Holley, they have a new one. look at
Force for custom intakes. --- Mix an match ---

> >If you are going TPI, I would suggest taking a HARD look at the F-P
> >performance (Fel-Pro/Federal Mogul) SEFI8LO computer, and seriously
> >consider spending some extra bucks for the wide band O2 option for it.
> The
> >FP unit is light years ahead of the ones you have mentioned in terms of
>
> >both performance and ease of programming.
>
> Well said.
>
> >If your engine is going to be rather cammy,
> --------------------------------
> Kinda hard to say, to me, not really.
> Specs:
> Crane Hydraulic Roller.  RPM range is 2500-6000
> Degrees Duration @ .050 Int./Exh.= 226/234
> Degrees Advertised Duration Int./Exh. 288/296
> Degree Lobe Separation= 112
> Open/Close @.050" Cam Lift Int./Exh.= 640/540
> Lash Hot Int./Exh. =.000/.000
> Gross Lift Int./Exh.= .587/.610
> economy is not a concern, especially with the aerodynamics of a brick.

I ran a solid roller with the same specs in a 406 w/ T350. A 4 speed would
have been better, Good idle @950 in neutral but when you pulled it into
gear, hang on.. lots of adjusting to fix it.

Tom S