Accel AS&M S&P Follow up

Chris G. Lucas tagurit at wwisp.com
Mon May 10 19:56:35 GMT 1999

Hi Chris--

>You have not sadi whether you are planning to go TBI or TPI, but it
sounds
>like the latter.
---------------------------------
you missed it, I am wanting Tuned Port.
---------------------------------

>The most economical way would be to do TBI with a 747 GM computer.
-------------------------------
Not really looking for economical, but below $3500.  Found Accel priced
at $3018 total, including software.
----------------------------------

>If you want to do TPI, the first order of business is to come up with a

>manifold and throttle body. This is not too hard, but not free. Accel's

>offerings are not bad, but, for sure, shop hard for the best price on
it.
------------------------------
Do they offer the SupeRam stand-alone, no computer?  I would like that.
------------------------------

>If you are going TPI, I would suggest taking a HARD look at the F-P
>performance (Fel-Pro/Federal Mogul) SEFI8LO computer, and seriously
>consider spending some extra bucks for the wide band O2 option for it.
The
>FP unit is light years ahead of the ones you have mentioned in terms of

>both performance and ease of programming.
-----------------------------------
I have heard good stuff about it, but they don't sell a manifold system,
do they?
-----------------------------------

>I personally would not touch either of the other options (besides DFI)
that
>you mentioned with YOUR ten foot pole!
-----------------------------------
Curious, could you say why?
-----------------------------------

>If your engine is going to be rather cammy,
--------------------------------
Kinda hard to say, to me, not really.
Specs:
Crane Hydraulic Roller.  RPM range is 2500-6000
Degrees Duration @ .050 Int./Exh.= 226/234
Degrees Advertised Duration Int./Exh. 288/296
Degree Lobe Separation= 112
Open/Close @.050" Cam Lift Int./Exh.= 640/540
Lash Hot Int./Exh. =.000/.000
Gross Lift Int./Exh.= .587/.610
economy is not a concern, especially with the aerodynamics of a brick.
----------------------------------
>anyway, I would be inclined to go with MSD injectors--MSD (same people
as
>the ignitions) sell blueprinted Rochesters, and the Rochesters have a
>better dynamic range than the Bosch units.  Thus it would be some
easier to
>get your engine to idle and do light loads with the MSD's, if it has a
big
>cam, even though their fuel atomization is not quite as good as you get

>with the Bosch pieces.
>
>Regards, Greg

Thanks
Chris Lucas