Intial testing new 4 wire gm O2 sensor

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri May 14 16:20:22 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: G. Scott Ponton <gscottp at ix.netcom.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 1999 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: Intial testing new 4 wire gm O2 sensor

There is a heater element in the sensor.  On the ground leg. I'll be
installing a sensor resistor.  By measuring the voltage at this point we'lll
be able to determine the elements temperature by it's resistance.
  I know what the rough set of values are so, one of the EEs here has
offered to design a power supply for it.  Then some burn in time, and then
running some EGT to this devise comparions to see if we can "log" a pattern
of what Heater Voltage equals what EGT.
  Where not going for lab grade stuff here, just something reliable for
tuning.
Bruce