Intro to microcontrollers (long)

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Thu May 27 04:35:49 GMT 1999

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 06:05:09PM -0700, TK wrote:
> What I tell everyone is that the program is not really of importance. The
> tables are the important part. Even the most rabid of us GM ECM hackers
> don't change the program code, only the data tables. It's interesting to see
> how GM goes about using the data in the program, but it's easy to get side
> tracked on the program.
>
> Data tables. Layout, inter-relationship, etc.
>
> Terry Kelley

I have to admit to changing the program code, although just a few bytes
to change the way a few operations work - not nearly as much as Mr. Roger
"Rabit" Heflin ;-)

One of the changes sets the default for a particular item to be true
(from the factory it defaults to false).  The change I made was to
use rpm/31.25 rather than rpm/25 for the shift light.  Very trival
(and certainly not necessary) changes, but they are useful to me and
others I've done mods for.

   Marc

--
  Marc Randolph     -    mrand at pobox.com    -     PGP keyID: 0x4C95994D