Beat that dead horse again! clarification PLUS new

Mike Turner/ENGR/HQ/KEMET/US MikeTurner at kemet.com
Tue Nov 2 12:15:06 GMT 1999

I have some experience with the zz3 and a 165 MAF TPI. About 4 years ago, I
put them together in the wife's car. Not much to tell except the stock chip
runs badly. Off idle accel stumbles, idle is very rough, etc. Hypertech
chip makes it run nice. What exactly are you looking for.

Well, mostly rumor.  I've heard reports that the zz3 + tbi is a
driveability nightmare.  This from people running that combo.  I've
asked for stories at various times regarding this engine and efi, and
haven't gotten many good ones.  There might be more computer friendly
cams out there.  You might ask this question on an F-body list or a
Vette list, as somebody must have tried to run the complete package.
Shannen