Whatssa B/L cell?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Wed Nov 3 16:21:06 GMT 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, CSH-HQ wrote:

> I've got a rough idea, but could someone put it into layman (EE challenged)
> language?.
>   Why do some ecms have so many and some just 2?.
> Grumpy

Are you talking about block learn cells?

My car has 16 of them.   They are basically 16 separate points to set
"adjustments" to the fuel mixture.   On mine the 16 points are a 4x4
grid that is indexed by MAP on one side and RPM on the other.  I had
to adjust my MAP/RPM settings (mostly MAP) to get better coverage,
with a larger cam with the stock settings it was only hitting 8 of the
16 cells.  Stock it hit all 16.   There are also two other BLM cells,
WOT and idle.    The more cells you have the longer it could take to
completely learn things, also the more cells, the quicker the car will
get to the proper mixture as it will remember the correct mixture.  I
have notcied on mine that each cells has quite a wide range, so when
you reenter that cell you man not realy be close to where you were
before.

			Roger