INTRODUCTION

SPECTRO COATING CORP. spectro at ma.ultranet.com
Wed Nov 3 22:49:56 GMT 1999

<snip>

> With what's available in ECM's and harnesses, you'd probably be better off
> with the SEFI.

Good advice

> Frederic B. put out some instructions on adding injector bungs to a Mopar
> Manifold a while back, and it looked pretty simple.  Probably no worse
than
> the CPI poppet valves would be.

Probably much easier, as adding CPI to any conventional manifold is going to
be tough.

2 reasons...

1) the factory manifolds have the end nozzle enclosed in the intake vacuum
area of a chambered manifold - that is to say the injectors are internal to
the manifold, and the seal only prevents air from bypassing the intake
runner - not something you'd want to rely on to seal 25" of vacuum.

2) the machining on the injector boss has what is best described as a
internal snap ring groove (to catch the nozzle ears) which would be even
more difficult to duplicate than a conventional injector boss.

Unless you have an intake that resembles the Cross-Fire setup, I'd think
twice about it.

 - jason