Integerator

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Wed Nov 3 18:25:59 GMT 1999

PID stands for (going from memory, some cells shorted) Proportional-
Integrated-Differential, and they are seperated by dashes because it's not
meant to be a "phrase".  The feedback in this type of control system is the
weighted sum of the output with some gain factor (Proportional), the
integral of the output (I), and the derivative of the output (D).  This type
of system typically provides more stable operation but can be more agressive
without oscillation, depending on how it's implemented.  Can't tell you
which is used in an ECM though.  That's why I'm on the list!!!

Steve