INTRODUCTION - Olds FI

Bob Valentine bob at tecmark.com
Fri Nov 5 14:24:06 GMT 1999

At 06:54 AM 11/05/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob Valentine wrote:
>>
>> >are you familiar with the 77 caddy-350 olds setup? if you are could you
>> >enlighten me?
>>
>> Yes, and I hope you're not bidding on the one on Ebay.  ;^>
>>
>Tell us about the TB.  What is the 2 terminal connector on top?  TPS
>included?  Holley or Dualjet bolt pattern?

The 2 terminal connector on top is a solenoid which was pulsed to achive a
variable idle-air flow.   The "TPS" on the side of it tells the controller
if the throttle is accelating, netural, or deaccelerating.   As I recall,
it also divides the throttle position into 3 or 4 segments, eg. idle,
off-idle, and WOT and sends back the corrosponding signals.  I open one up
and put a pic of it up as soon as I get my camera back...

Niether bolt pattern.   It's closest to holley, however.     I used adapter
plates for holley to spreadbore, and by turning them sideways 2 of the
holes lined up.

--> Bob Valentine
--> bob at tecmark.com