CSH needed here too( entertainment only)

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Nov 6 00:35:17 GMT 1999

Pat Ford wrote:

> Previously, you (Jim Sloan) wrote:
> { I'm qualified.
>
>  I think I most be in the top 5% of csh'rs
I wonder if this list attracts 'em.
Working 'till wee hours of the morning restoring a 57 Chevy.  Started
with right foot on clutch, thought she was in neutral, popped my foot
off the clutch.  Took out the grill and a workbench in a split second.

Same 57, again late at night, changed tb on the crossfire manifold.
Didn't see leaking injector O ring, backfire on startup.  Big deal,
backfires all the time, keep cranking. "Hmm, maybe I should look under
the hood, just to make sure".  Emptied a fire extinguisher on that
one.

Put g/friend's car on twin post air powered hoist, lifted car and
removed fuel tank.  Locked the front + rear post levers. Shop
compressor output line needs valve replaced, so I'll drain the air
tank and take care of that problem while I'm waiting for new fuel
pump.  No shutoff between compressor and shop, and I forgot the
ancient hoist leaks.  Turned around to find the front bumper's resting
on the ground, back of car 5 feet in air supported by gas tank on
Jack.  Never did tell her how the front plate got scraped so bad.

How about the winter I got to borrow an old Evinrude Snowmobile?  I
was about 14, my buddy and I would take turns pulling the cord until
it started.  Man that old engine had some serious compression, and I
built up some real shoulder muscles 'cause it was a temperamental
beast.  Farmer fell off his chair when I told him the story.  Seems
there was this thing called a compression release valve on the
cylinder head....

I'm not going to mention the electric fence incident, 'cept to say I
regretted taking the dare almost instantly.
Shannen