CSH needed here too

Ernst denBroeder edenbroe at cisco.com
Fri Nov 5 16:09:46 GMT 1999

At 09:57 AM 11/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Previously, you (Jim Sloan) wrote:
>{ I'm qualified.

Some time ago, before I knew much about engines - I did a cam intake and carb swap on my old Chevy Malibu...  when I finally got it together the motor ran - sort of - it was backfiring inconsistantly through the carb AND the exhaust.  I tried everything EXCEPT check the spark plug wires - DUH!!!!!  I tore the whole front off the motor (water pump/timing cover) 3 times to check that I hadn't gotton the cam mis-aligned.

I once shot a pair of wheel ramps out from under my TransAm - I had backed the TA up on the ramps (rear tires) to play with the axle.  I had blocked the front wheels like every good boy does.. and when I was done.  I got in the car - fired it up and tried to pull ahead to get off of the ramps... except I didn't remove the front wheel blocks.  Car didn't move at first - and I didn't think anything of it - so I gave it more gas...  :)  presto! Off the ramps alright.  :)  Now the ramps were 10 feet behind the car! .... :)   At least I had a good laugh....

/Ernst