Two TBI units, one ECM

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Mon Nov 8 05:01:22 GMT 1999

Don't know a whole bunch about the '749,  just what I've gleened from
Product Service Bulletins and dealer type literature.  In same, were a
couple of references to the fact that the two 4/1 drivers in the box fired
two parallel sets of injectors, and that each injector in a pair had to have
a resistance value within .4ohms of the other in order for each to
experience 2/.5amps.  If the resistances differed by more than .4ohms, then
the "low ohm" injector would rob current from the "high ohm" injector, and
the later would probably not function properly.

I don't have a good handle on the ins & outs of all possible combinations of
other TPI boxes/hardware/currents/injectors.............I'm more of a TBI
kinda guy.  Sorry.

Walt.