Using TBI on moded 5.7

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Mon Nov 8 16:09:27 GMT 1999

Check your engine grounds, and especially those that are sensor related. The
TPS voltage "low" at WOT is a clue.  The TPS is "autozero" type--spec should
be closer to .45 volts. Make sure the throttle plate is at rest when you
turn on the ignition. Like Shannon said, make sure the throttle plate is
opening fully. The TPS ground is also shared by the MAP sensor--and don't
overlook your EGR valve which could be leaking. If you have a scan tool note
the IAC counts. Anything below 25 (and a higher than normal idle) with a
fully warmed up engine "indicates" a vacuum leak or wrong PCV valve.

Pay close attention to what the BL numbers are doing--they're the self
diagnosing parameters you can use to see what the computer is commanding at
the fuel end of things...

Lyndon IPTECH