Odp: Motronic 2.4 (BMW motorcycles)

Marek Skrzypiec elemark at priv4.onet.pl
Mon Nov 8 16:52:07 GMT 1999

Hi
Bosch usually use their own transmision protocol , which is accorded with
standart ISO 9141-1.
Usually transmision is bidirectional via line named -K , but sometimes are
used two lines :
1)bidirectional K for transmiting datas
2)unidirectional L only for begining .
In this case I think that it is one wire transmision.
To begin the protocol you must send byte $10 to ECM with baud rate
5baud(1start,7data,1oddparity,1stop).
After that you should recive six bytes , with  value $55 at begining - baud
rate is 4800baud(1start,7data,1oddparity,1stop but for first byte $55
:1start,7data,1parity,1stop).
Characteristic of ISO code is :
1byte - synchronization -always $55
2,3byte - family of ECM
4,5byte - key word
6byte -check sum.
When you will send !3byte (inverted) .At now transmision perform block by
block  with baud rate 4800baud(1s,8d,1s).Characteristic of block is :
1byte-dimension 31 bytes
2byte-title
0<byte<29-informations
1byte-check sum.