ECM fault?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 9 15:00:10 GMT 1999

At 09:37 AM 11/9/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I just verified that Oxygen sensor we put was genuine GM. The output,
>however seems slow. Maybe it should be, because the mixture might be
>leaning/riching slowly.

The way O2 sensors work is they swing rapidly from rich to lean... Should
be several times a second.  If it's slow, then maybe there is a problem in
the harness with a bad connection.  Try looking at it's output with the O2
sensor disconnected from the harness...  Will set a code, but should see
the voltage swinging properly until the ECM commands full rich mode to
protect itself.
Was anything done to the vehicle before it started acting this way?

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!