EGT Sensors

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Tue Nov 9 19:21:47 GMT 1999

We use a Fluke 52 K/J thermometer. It is a two channel, (view 1 channel at a
time) thermometer that comes with 2  K type thermocouples that are not
covered. We ordered the metal  type K probe that would be ok for EGT work.
The Fluke 52 is not
to bad for price.  You can order temperature to voltage amps from omega that
are expensive but they have cold junction compensation that is needed for
correct temp monitoring. K type TC's are good for 2500 Deg F