ECM fault/Plugs

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Wed Nov 10 06:43:56 GMT 1999

Point were only about 92% effective at starting a sufficiant flame front for
ignition
Early HEI raised it to like 96, and the best DIS 97.  Supposedly the newest
coil per cylinder are at 99% succuess rate.
  There is just so much stratifing, and turbulence that getting a good
complete release of the spark energy is difficult.
  They "try" often to bridge this with plugs that erode quicker for a better
ion trail, or multipul spark paths (trying to avoid the turbulence).  Some
plugs even have shrouds on them...
  As the HP level goes up generally your at a "lean" best mixture, the
"lean" raises the required firing voltage.  Some people, just keep the WOT
mixture a tad rich to help crutch the ignition system (unknown to them...).
  Grumpy