165 UART chip (used for 8192 ALDL)

vk265 at ozemail.com.au vk265 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Nov 10 07:02:16 GMT 1999

It's not a UART......

It's something very simular to a MAX232..
I have the full datasheets for this chip..
I got a them from the hourss mouth (delphi)

here is the pinout..

1,2,3,4,5,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,26,27,28  are all GND

6 tx in
23 tx out
8 rx in
11 rx out
21,22 Vcc
24 tristate enable

th other pins basically have caps and resistors hangind off them to setup the internal filters for filtering out noise..

apart from a few caps and resistors 11 in total to be exact... and of course the power and ground wires.
there is only 3 wires that go from this chip U2 to the uP CPU .

P.S

Yes I know a MAX232 converst to rs-232 levels this chiop doesn't all I'm trying to say is it isn't a UART
its does a simular job as a MAX232 it converst a standard digital TTL signal into something else..

If anyone is really really intereted in more information I will see If I can dig up the datasheets.
I am too lazy I just bought the next model up ECM with U2 already installed. It was easier...