Processor in 730

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Nov 10 11:28:30 GMT 1999

Mike Rolica wrote:

> mainly wanted to know if they were similar then would the software ie
> compilers/dissasemblers ect work on a 165/730  from the f1   So do they?

You should be able to use most/all 'HC11 software tools on the 165/730.

GM's MPU is missing a few opcodes (notably, exchange D with X/Y).  That
won't bother a disassembler, assembly code you write needs to avoid
them, and you might get into trouble if your compiler uses them.

The I/O is totally different.  Tools that try to be too smart could get
into trouble with that.

Finally, the vector table at the top of memory is different.  This might
cause problems with a disassembler.