CarBytes - MAX232 circuit

Steve Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Wed Nov 10 13:16:58 GMT 1999

You can't use transistors very easy because the edges of a rs232  signal must
have a slow rise time and fall time. If this part of the rs232 spec. is not
followed on long runs of cable  you can get cross talk on the rs232 lines and get
garbage on your receive line. In most cases I have found short runs (under 6ft )
work ok most of the time. Make life easy use a max232 ic .If you want my circuit
I will post it but none of these circuits are rocket science

Steve.

Steven

Steve