ECM fault?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 10 14:44:46 GMT 1999

At 09:42 AM 11/10/1999 -0500, Akselrud, Boris wrote:
>Yes, I think that's the case and I don't have the O2 or related problem
>after all.
>Then the only alternative left is to eliminate ECM and run on propane for
>the test. I don't know how would I still get the ignition system to run
>without ECM control.

Pull the fuel pump fuse/relay so you've only disabled the fuel
injectors.  You have to have the ecm to see if the problem with the
unstable idle still exists.

One item you may have is a plugged or leaking injector.  Is the car hard to
start after it is driven then shut off for 15-20 minutes?

Running on propane will eliminate the injector problem, but it may
introduce an unstable idle of it's own... you have no way of creating a
proper mixture.
David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!