eproms

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Wed Nov 10 19:46:33 GMT 1999

If the address range is only 12K, why would a 27C128 be used?  The HC11's
I've worked with have a multiplexed 8-bit data bus with a 16-bit address
bus.  Maximum address space then is 64KB.  I also know the largest register
in the HC11 (ones I've worked with) is 16-bit (PC, Index X and Y, others) so
it's internal address capabilities should be limited to 64kB.  However, I
don't know how other variants work.  There are some glue chips available
from Motorola that do certain things (HC24 comes to mind) but don't of any
that expand the address space.  Now I'm wondering where the 27c128 came
from?

As for Mike's timing questions, I can not address ABSOLUTE timing 'cause I
don't know.  What I would do is try to get datasheets on both parts and
compare the timing parameters (setup and hold times, clock to output delays,
read cycle timing, write cycle timing) and just get a warm fuzzy that the
two are similar enough to work.

Is this helpful?
Steve