caddy-olds and the buick v6

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Nov 11 00:59:51 GMT 1999

CSH-HQ wrote:

> Twice in two days, I'm slepping, great call.....
> Grumpy
>
> At 03:39 PM 11/10/99 -0600, gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
> >Since you need 4 coils for V8 DIS I would try 2   4 cly. coil paks. You
> >should be able to use the hall effect sensors, coil pak
> >modules  and wires. The ECM should drive both  coil pak modules with out any
> >trouble. Look for 2.0 L  2.5 L engines for the coil paks and V8 engines for
> >the fuel rails or fab up 2  4 cly. fuel rails with a V8 fuel reg.

Thinking out loud, please correct me....
You'll need to have 2 crank sensors, offset 90 degrees around
balancer, and tie module ref outputs together, but keep pulse from 1st
module away from module 2, and vice-versa, and you definitely don't
want to run it with SFI unless you can guarantee that module for cyls
8+5, 3+2 never sends ref. pulse first.  Didn't the caddy 4.1/4.5l and
the Norstar have DIS?
Shannen