ECM fault?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Nov 11 01:49:22 GMT 1999

David Cooley wrote:

> At 01:29 PM 11/10/1999 -0500, Akselrud, Boris wrote:
>
> >I am greatful for everybody's input.
> >
> >PS: Idle fluctuation is about 50..80 RPM, but when it falls it is causing
> >roughness and shaking the whole body.

Also, not in the manual but often good for a situation like this is to
increase the minimum air setting.  But the vibration might be normal
and the engine mounts worn, or the exhaust is hitting the frame,
or....
Shannen
Sheesh, just spent two days chasing bad camshaft (2 intake + 1 exhaust
lobe weak) + intake gasket leaking between egr and #6 cyl + wrong air
horn gasket in Q jet + wrong return spring under acelerator pump +
fouled plugs + coil mounting screws broken through bottom of cap +
carbon tracking on rotor, without a scope or vacuum gauge.  The car
owner doesn't want to spend any money on it.  There's a CSH here for
someone.
Shannen