DIS was caddy-olds and the buick v6

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at ev1.net
Thu Nov 11 04:55:02 GMT 1999

> Since you need 4 coils for V8 DIS I would try 2   4 cly. coil paks. You
> should be able to use the hall effect sensors, coil pak
> modules  and wires. The ECM should drive both  coil pak modules with out any
> trouble. Look for 2.0 L  2.5 L engines for the coil paks and V8 engines for
> the fuel rails or fab up 2  4 cly. fuel rails with a V8 fuel reg.

The 2.5 DIS uses a module with the equivalent of two HEI modules and a
master controller. The crank disk has six evenly spaced slots with a
seventh slot closely spaced to the #1TDC slot. The controller lets the
engine crank until it sees the double slot and then fires alternate
modules every third slot. These modules cost about $100 new. You would
need two disks on the crank, phased at 90 degrees and some way to send
alternate ECM fire pulses to each module. This might not be the most
practical way to go.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering