New member to the list.

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Thu Nov 11 15:17:46 GMT 1999

There are archives to this list, and DIY_EFI.  Just pull up a chair and
start reading.  Lots of great info..  Programming 101 is an intro to an old
ecm, but works as a primer for whats going on.  It can be a steep curve, but
your at the right place to learn.
Grumpy

At 09:20 AM 11/11/99 -0500, gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
>Hello,
>    I currently have three vehicles I am interested in interfacing to.
>My '94 Caprice (With LT1 that has programable ECM) is stock but may not be
much longer.
>Not only do I want to be able to scan it (Carbytes?) but I also want to be
able to reprogram it in the future. I may have one of my ECM's reprogrammed
for the mods I do and then tweak with it myself once I saw what they did to
try getting a little more.

>I also have a simular motor out of a '95 Impala SS I will need to be able
to reprogram a little bit when I put it in my S-15 jimmy. Not to mention a
scanner would be nice to make sure everything is working ok when I do it.
And if not I know where to look.

>And the other car is a '89 Z24 (2.8 MPI). I may change that motor out and
put in a larger motor in which case programming the ECM and scanning it will
be necissary to get it to work best.

>Since I am new here can anyone point me in the right dirrection?
>Thanks!
>
>Ps, I DO have a 350 v-8 in my S-10 right now that is carborated. I think
Electromotive said for like $2500 I could switch it over to EFI but that
seemed a bit steep to me for minimal HP increase.
>For ONLY $1500 I could switch my LT1's over to the electromotive DIS system.
>Course like $300-400 of that was just the software so I would probly save
if I did more then one.

><HTML><HEAD>
><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content="MSHTML 5.00.2722.1300" name=GENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I currently have three
vehicles
>I am interested in interfacing to.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>My '94 Caprice (With LT1 that has programable
ECM)