New member to the list.

Mika Helander mika_helander at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:08:59 GMT 1999

Hi.

It's good to see other "programmers" here also - I've been doing embedded
programming more than ten years... Before that I had "motorcycle/snowmobile"
hobbies - so learned "hard the hard way" that gearhed side - so now just
owning ten year old GM vechile and keeping it on road and making "some
improvements"...

I've though that alarm system also, and came to conclusion that to make
non-stealable car the control of the engine should be created so that for
example it's distributed, and when correct key is applied to alarm system
that key is sent to those distributed parts and when accepted that "engine
network" starts operation and car goes. Otherwise most of the control stuff
must be replaced to get engine running.

I'm not that much scary about physically moving whole car away - I'm owning
Chevy VAN 20 (at least in Finland it's really big car)...

-Mika