DIS was caddy-olds and the buick v6

Mika Helander mika_helander at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:15:28 GMT 1999

You are absolutety right! When I was "newbie" to this efi stuff i though
that DIS makes power most... Then reading these archives and "listening"
GMECM list and of course buying/reading US car magazines i've get to
conclusion that DIS is required/good if power is to be made in high-revving
engine. For, say 6000-6500 rpm HEI is enough - most seem to use MSD6AL
between coil and HEI and replaced coil with stronger one.

My only concern with my VAN is that it's having 7747, small (read later
model) HEI distributor with remote coil and knock unit is that hybrid
external one. From ECMGUY comments about 7747 small cap distributor is
having narrower angle for spark right? This is not probably problem with
naturally aspirated, but if in future i'm gonna use turbo(s) then...

-Mika