Injector Confusion

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Fri Nov 12 12:27:45 GMT 1999

YES, there are some real junk ones (FMUs)!!.
Yes, you have to be 10x more "expert" on fuel system capacity/pressure.
(Also, why I kept saying -10 for supply, and -6 (MIN) return).  You have to
have things right for high demand.  This using pressure for quanteeing fuel
delivery is an evil item in my book.  I can not justify the math/science in
it, but it does work.  When ya get really really picky you can pick up fine
points, ie, on one bypass system I was changing the bypass hole .003-.005"
at a time.  Took probably 20 passes to get just that right..
But, there is no other way to get the "dynamic" range out of an injector.
They are "new" to the market, and I hope things get better, I have heard
of a limited production one, that is supposed to be right.
  I'd just much rather use a longer on time, I've seen some injector flow
stuff for short injector pulses, and they all leave alot to be desired in my
book.  ANYTHING, that can be done to hold an injector on like 1.6+msec., at
idle is worth it as a min. for what I've seen.
  This trying to get a decent idle at 1.1s is just too much grief, or maybe
I'm getting old.
Grumpy
  You numbers may vary, my stuff ain't what you'd call lab grade.
What's an, INSTAAFL?.