Suggestions Please

G. Scott Ponton gscottp at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 12 15:30:11 GMT 1999

I am in the middle of my 4th LT1 S10 conversion.  I agree wholeheartedly
with Mike that JTR mounts suck.
    IMHO the LT1 is the only way to go. More compact that a normal 350, good
power without mods , lighter or about the same weight as the engine you are
removing. Most if not all of the Camaro parts will fit the later S10s. This
includes the radiator and fans. Takes a little work to get it all fitted but
then no V8 is going to be any different.
    Watch KitCar mag. for pics and story on this install. The one I am doing
now will be in the magazine in a couple of months. It's not quite the same
as a normal S10 as the body on this one has been cut up and a 40ish Ford
type body has been installed.
    If I can be any help email me off list.

Scott

gscottp at ix.netcom.com