ECM fault? Ignition ????

Kevin Margitta speakerconnection at home.com
Sat Nov 13 06:16:53 GMT 1999

On the topic of rough idles.. I'm too busy to source out mine.. which is on
a very new motor... but I was installing a remote car starter on a 99 Dodge
Caravan the other day.. and for the first time in Five years of being in the
business encountered something very interesting related to the tack ref.
wire. We always tap on to some sort of wire (injector, tach, ref pulse
etc.....) for the remote starter to see the engine RPM.. for the first time
I routed this wire near a spark plud high tension wire... The vehicle would
spirratically idle rough.. then go smooth again, on and off at random..
thought this might be of help.  It took a while to figure out.. but it also
may help others out there!

Cheers,

Kevin Margitta
3800 series II s/c.....'88 Lesabre T-Type