Vette 165 vs F-body

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Nov 12 15:25:34 GMT 1999

Mike I have ARAP in my alum headed 89 L98 IROC. large tube runners,
stock injecctors, biiig heads (too big, but 383 is in the mail ;-)

I can run 87 octane in it, had to change a few TCC things for the
2.77 rear. one fan is ECM and one fan is block-temp switch on the
passengers side low I thought <?>. I only have one fan in anyway,
other one broke. the o2 sensor reads 0.85 at the high RPM range in
1st and 2nd.  the thing will do 92 mph in 2nd gear with that rear! I
thought ARAP was the "dyno" version of the 5.7 TPI camaro but I also
thought I saw a reference that it was in vette originally. Dunno, its
in the archives though I bet - early on like the second month.

sorry for the empty post a minute ago. slipped.

> From:          Mike Rolica <mrolica at meridian-mag.com>
> To:            "'gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu'" <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       RE: Vette 165 vs F-body
> Date:          Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:40:59 -0500

> Ummm ok???? The reason I ask is cause I'm running a 355 alum headed TPI.
> Figured the vette tables would be closer than camaro (since camaro used cast
> heads)  Figured that a vette bin would be the place to start editing instead
> of camaro chip if there was no problems running the a vette config. (prog
> table locations are a bit different)  Also there is already a Dissasembly of
> the bua on the Ecmguy's page, making it much easier. The fans on 89 camaro
> are controlled by the ECM.  Well all I can do is try.
> Mike Rolica
> EXT. 260
>  :-)

~~~