kPa under boost

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 14 21:43:14 GMT 1999

At 04:12 PM 11/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>"David A. Cooley" wrote:
> >
> > At 05:06 AM 11/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
> > >After reading the Programming 101 a couple times while trying to
> > >relate it to my car, I noticed in the fuel/spark tables that kPa
> > >maxed out at 100 (which corresponds to 14.5psia)  What would
> > >happen under boost from a supercharger?  What would the PCM use
> > >in it's fuel/spark tables if kPa were around 18.0psia?
> >
> > That's why you go to a 2 bar or 3 bar map and redo the fuel tables...
>
>If I need a 2 or 3 bar MAP for it to work, how am I getting by
>with the stock 1 bar MAP?  Is it because the FMU kind of uses the
>brute force method to alter fuel delivery?

Yep

>Also, I haven't heard of others going to a 2 or 3 bar map when
>they have their computer reprogrammed with larger injectors to
>get rid of the FMU.

Then again, they know by RPM/load what the engine is doing and can program
it... Take the SC off and watch it go pig rich at WOT and slow down... With
the standard FP reg and a 2 or 3 bar map (depending on boost you are
running) you can properly cal the fuel to the manifold pressure.

>Do the kPa in the fuel/spark tables go above 100?

If you put in a 2 or 3 bar map, what used to be 100kpa is now the max of
the sensor

            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!