kPa under boosT

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Mon Nov 15 04:11:50 GMT 1999

> >Do the kPa in the fuel/spark tables go above 100?
>
> If you put in a 2 or 3 bar map, what used to be 100kpa is now the max of
> the sensor

...and remember that 3 bar isnt always better than a 2 bar, you lose
resolution as you go wider range. if you're going to run less than 14 psi
boost, use a 2 bar.  My $0.02

Anyone ever expanded a lookup table to do say 40 x 40, to gain resolution?
thought that would be neet once.

I remember seeing an automotive 1.2 (one point two, yes) bar MAP sensor for
like $7.00 in a JDR catalog (www.jdr.com) once, bout 2 months ago. I meant
to list the part # etc but I lost the mag and thought it better not to post
it if I could never find the source.  wont work for your SC but I thought it
makes an interesting tweak when a good ram air system is used. If that isnt
enough - I also saw a phillips single chip triple guage automotive device on
phillips website.  first guage output was 360 degrees, second and third were
120 degrees, needle type outputs and serial input I think. If this excites
you, I think I left enough info for you to eventually find them. ;-)

Oh, while I'm babbling - I andwered someone something based on testing and I
dont think I was believed..and that made me thing I may have been wrong. ..
a 2 bar map sensor reads 0-5v based on -100 to +100 Kpa, right? (-28"Hg to
+28" Hg?), (-14.7PSI to +14.7 PSI?).. the term is not "0 to 200 Kpa" right?

okay sorry, the mind wobbles sometimes and all this stuff comes pouring out.