165 ALDL QB Comm Program Uploaded

Craig Moates craig.moates at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 15 03:37:29 GMT 1999

Folks,

I've uploaded a QuickBasic 4.5-based communications program which is
tailored to the '165 ecm. It works for me using the MAX232-based COM1
interface. I would appreciate any beta-testing feedback from the group here.
If you have the hardware already pieced together, it ought to be good-to-go.
I had to change the interface design, supplying 5v off the 7805 to the DB9
pin 6 (I think that's right...).

It is under 'aldl-165.zip', and it's nothing fancy. I just stirred it up in
spare time. I'm no C or Visual programmer, so it lacks some of the pretty
amenities, but generally works. Any feedback would be appreciated. I've
included all the source code and compilable stuff if you want to try some
mods for different ecm's or whatever.

Thanks,
-Craig