Choking a TPI 383

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Nov 16 00:30:35 GMT 1999

From: <Bja1078 at aol.com>
Subject: Re: Choking a TPI 383

Using anything (ie throttle stops) to limit the engine's intacke tract is
going to cause a depression, meaning it will see way less then 100 KPa, so
all you'll do is lose resolution where you want it most.
   Even if he has to cut back 5-6d on timing I wouldn't worry about that
cutting thru the valves like a cutting torch.  10-15 on a engine running
1400dF EGTs, yes.
Heck, I've done 10-12d retard at cruise for lousy gas and hours spent at
that, without a problem.
  Like everything your results will vary
Grumpy