Auto learn code

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue Nov 16 04:20:09 GMT 1999

Scot Sealander wrote:

> An observation.  I think the manifold is a terrible place to put
> the MAT sensor....

You are correct. I moved mine from the intake to the air cleaner, but it
still suffers from high under hood temps. It will read 130 with the motor
at 85 parked in the sun all day. The housing (therefor the sensor) absorbs
heat from whatever it's mounted to, a big sheet of aluminum that seals the
air cleaner to the hood scoop.  W/o turbo heating, it can be in the trunk
or back seat or behind the grill or headlight.  Can you determine air temp
correction from turbo inlet air temp???? Just food for thought.  IMHO, it
would be easier to tune boosted engines if you removed (or
reduced/calculated ) one of the variables, ie. boost temp gain.   Tom