Auto learn code-Where?

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Wed Nov 17 01:27:51 GMT 1999

PHXSYS at aol.com wrote:

> Where can I take a look at the "auto learn code", I would like to see
> the way this is accomplished?

I found the idea in some GM code I was looking at.  Took the idea and
made it work in my ECM.  What it does is break the engine operating
range into 256 cells (16x16 matrix).  The RPM range on one axis split
into 0 to F, and MAP on another axis, also split into 0 to F.

It checks to see if it is operating in the same cell for one second.
If it is, it looks at the integrator, and checks for low error.
If low error, the present VolEff number is corrected by the BLM
correction value and stored in the matrix at the appropriate
place.  The air temp is also recorded in a separate 16x16 table as
a check on the air density table.

Quite easy, really.

Scot Sealander