7783 Compatibility Question

Patrick G. Moore pmoore at cmr.gov
Wed Nov 17 17:16:49 GMT 1999

Ludis Langens wrote:

> "Patrick G. Moore" wrote:
> >
> > I was looking at carparts.com in the salvage section and
snip...

> All those ECMs are different except for the 730's and 16198262 which are
> the same thing.  Not only are they different inside, they all have
> different plugs.

Thanks Ludis.  I thought that info might be bogus.  I was just hoping
they were using some interchangability data or something.  Can't take
off my CSH yet. :^)

In general it probably would not work to substitute a bin from anything
except a different code from the same ECM I guess.  Unless you had the
complete disassembly and could alter addresses written to for hardware
interface, and understood all the code.  I guess I will have to start
from my own bin and try to find the tables first.  Has anyone mapped
the other 783 bin that's on the site?

> > My 783 is listed on the DIY site as being similar to the
> > GN 148, but it was the 1986 Century that used the 148 and I
> > have never seen the 783 and 148 X-referenced.
>
> Check my web pages for an xref.

Thanks again.  Hadn't been there for a while.  Very useful info.