3.4L DOHC ABM

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Nov 17 23:06:00 GMT 1999

-> Can someone with a 91-94 3.4L DOHC and automatic transmission run out
-> to their car, start the engine, leave it in Park and smash the pedal?
->
-> Does it stutter at 3000 RPM?

 I don't have one, but a friend at a dealership demonstrated the feature
to me back in '94.  It's rev-limited when in neutral or park.

 BTW, the 3.4 in RWD application using the T5 manual uses the *FORD*
bellhousing bolt pattern for no explicable reason.  GM was usually
pretty good about maintaining the same pattern for manual
transmissions...