writing a new aldl command

Dave Hempstead dave_hempstead at agilent.com
Thu Nov 18 14:16:24 GMT 1999

Eric,
   You said the magic numbers (at least one of them).  I think I've
ripped apart enough of the 16188051 to know how to add a new ALDL
command.  In fact, I could simply replace a command you don't use (maybe
one of the diagnostic tests).  There are also unused available ALDL
commands.

It would require patching the code in machine language (write it in
assembly, then patch in the machine code).  I think reassembling the
code from the assembly code would be too risky.

Once the new file it patched, then the pcm needs to be programmed.

So, it can definitely be done.

I am very close to having a pcm programmer tool together, that I intend
to sell for a few dollars.

All I'd need is some TIME to work on this (I'm really backed up with
work,  and the pcm programmer), and a definition as to what you want the
ALDL command to do.

Of course, then you want the scanner (available on my web page) to send
this custom command on a regular basis, and print the results.  Now that
would be cool!

Dave Hempstead
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/1624/

>From: Eric Clark <eclark at hoser.com>
>Subject: RE: writing a new aldl command
>>

>I've got a 16188051 in my '94, and a 16159278 in my '93.  Both are
LT1's.