We're Obsolete (Almost)

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sat Nov 20 17:04:00 GMT 1999

-> had a bolt pattern for the Vortec heads only and was very similar to
-> a LT1 intake. The other big differences is the plenum was stretched
-> upward about four inches, much needed, and the throttle body used was

 So it's just an intake manifold for a Vortec?  Interesting... too bad
they didn't give it both the Vortec and old-style bolt patterns.  There
may be a few hot rodders interested in Vortec heads and EFI, but the OEM
application was trucks, which isn't a real hot market for hot rod engine
parts, and their primary aftermarket application is dirt track racing
with iron head rules, and EFI isn't permitted in that venue.

 I actually know someone who'd buy one... except we're redrilling his
Vortec heads to accept an old Algon IR intake.